Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Living in the Crayon Box

Well this weekend was full of anxiety. My mom was taken to the emergency room on Thursday due to loss of breath, difficulty breathing, and increased swelling in her legs. She was wheezing and looking very tired the week before and when my dad took her to the doctor on Thursday they immediately sent them to the ER. She was there for the majority of the day (I got off work at lunch and rushed over there) in a room the size of a crayon box... like the 12 piece box kind not the 24 box. She was given a ton of meds, lost about 10 lbs of fluid from her body, and continued to show low oxygen. She was admitted to the hospital that evening (late) and stayed until Monday night in a room the size of the 24 piece crayon box. It was tiny! I stayed with her Friday and Saturday night which means very little sleep... how they expect people to rest and get better in there when they wake you up every 3 hours or so to take vitals is beyond me!

Currently, she has significantly improved and is on the up and up for now. Her heart has early signs of CHF (congestive heart failure) and her lungs have some problems also. It was sad to see her trapped up there for the whole weekend, but I do commend the staff at Midland Memorial Hospital who took care of her because they did a great job! and they were pretty humorous which is just what our family needed. I'm very thankful for all of you who prayed for us during this time and continue to pray that she stays strong.

Hope everyone has a good week...Keep Christ first on your to do list and all other things should fall into place!

1 comment:

Molly Swanson said...

Oh no! I'm so sorry! I had no idea!!! She's been on my heart in my prayers alot lately. I hope she's doing better! Thank you also for the reminder to focus on Christ first! :)