Thursday, June 23, 2011

I'm Still Here!

Again I say sorry I have been unable to post. I honestly have been using my time for my family, Robert, and to prioritize my life. Since losing my grandmother we have been going through pictures and her treasures and trying to value our time as family. Also Robert and I have had many things going on which I will summarize for you below:

1. We celebrated our 4 year anniversary on June 2nd. Robert ordered an edible arrangement and I bought him those weird five finger shoes because he kept bugging me about them, so I figured I'd give in because I love him :) We usually have limited time to celebrate our anniversary because it falls right before youth camp, but Can I just say how much I love you Robert and all that you have done for me! You are truly a gift from God and I can't wait for the rest of our lives together!

2. Youth Camp 2011! We had a wonderful time with 12 teenagers worshiping Christ and learning about His will for their lives. We absolutely love the teens and hope that they know how much they mean to us.

3. Sadie is HUGE! She is only 7 months old and seriously growing like a weed. We were told when we got her that she was the runt and wouldn't get to the normal size of a lab, but they LIED. She is so cute though and I will get my latest pictures of her loaded up.

4. I had knee surgery. Ouch. I can't remember if I mentioned this or not, but in April I had a knee scope done to fix a torn meniscus (the cartilage lining on the top of the tibia, or in short form, some stuff in your knee joint). I have been recovering well although working with kids all day is hard to take it easy on your knees. I still can't workout the way I want to which is frustrating, but at least I know its all fixed in there. I wish I wasn't given so much morphine following the surgery because that was the last time that I saw my Mema before she died and I can't even remember it. But at least I finally got some answers on my knee so I can stop limping.

5. We finished the Largest Loser at work that we started back in January. I lost 15 lbs total on weight watchers amidst experiencing some crazy events like the surgery and our family loss which is only some of my goal. I plan to get back to my disciplined self but I still have some healing to do (physical and emotional).

We have had alot of other church activities going on as well as family events such as Father's Day and Memorial Day, but those are best expressed in pictures to come. I promise :) All in all the last few months have been tough on me, but I'm glad that God placed the distractions of the youth group, work, and my wonderful family around me.

I have missed you blog world, if you are even out there still, and I hope to get back to my blogging routine.

1 comment:

Molly Swanson said...

JENN!!! I have been missing you like crazy and I am so glad to hear from you! If you have some free time soon, I'd love to get together. :)