Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Blinkers

So I hate car blinkers. Yes, that is random, I realize that. But I do.

I understand that they are illegal not to use and that they serve a good function, but I can't stand them. First of all, my last car (Ruby II the Ford Focus) had the most annoying sounding blinker in the universe. Tock. Tock. Tock. Tock. It was loud. And I honestly only used it if I knew there was a cop around or if I was needing to make an unobvious change in my direction. Meaning...if I'm in the left hand turn lane... I was obviously turning left... and in a right turn only lane... well you see what I mean by OBVIOUS. Thank goodness my new car does not have a loud or annoying blinker... because I would continue not to use it (yes you may scold me but I will not listen).

When I drive home from work I get plenty of opportunity to see annoying blinkers. Such as... blinkers left on after having made said direction change... blinkers in annoying places on cars...blinkers that are broken and flash really fast... those sorts of things. I was noticing this one car on my way home today that had what appeared to be rope lights for headlights. Seriously. It was a small line of blue lights that made a curvy pattern where each headlight was supposed to be. It was mesmerizing to look at and pretty cool I might add. Until... they turned on their blinker. Now if you have cool headlights that are LED and look like a curvy line of blue icicles and your blinker is the same standard manufactured dim yellow square, then we have a problem. The blinker totally ruined that car. Thus another reason to remind me on the road today why I hate blinkers.

The end.

Well not really. I remember in my first car (a Delta 88 Oldsmobile called Kernal Klunk) my blinker went out one time. This meant that when I turned it on to blink it was a solid, unblinking light. Not much good to me really. So instead I would manually have to click it up and down at stop lights and stop signs. This was amusing at times as I could change the speed of the blinking, thus confusing the person behind me :) It was the small thing that amused me then. But not I can't stand blinkers. So if you are in the car with me just know that i will use the blinker when it most warrants to use it... and I will keep you safe don't worry. BUT if I'm in the left hand turn lane, yes I am turning left unless some unseen cosmic force causes me to suddenly veer right or stay straight... so no blinker will be used.

The real end. Thank you.

No comments: