Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Lunchtime dilemma

So let me start this out by saying that I love my coworkers... they are awesome... but never again will I succumb to my silence on this issue...

Well we had to turn our computers off at lunch today which ruined my plans of helping a new coworker get his paperwork in order for his license... SOO a few of my coworkers decided to go to lunch. One guy really wanted to go eat Chinese. There is a place in Odessa called ChinaMex... probably the only place on Earth that you can get fried rice and spanish rice/ egg rolls and quesadillas... and they actually taste good! In fact, this restaurant is so good that it is hard to get in and out in a normal lunch period. But never-the-less we decided Chinese was the winner and ChinaMex bound we were...

Until...we got in the car and realized we were short on time. So instead we went to Chinese Cuisine... a buffet.

I don't like Chinese buffets.

And I can't tell you why either... there is just something about them that makes me want to gag. BUT because I love my coworkers and that they were craving Chinese... I kept my mouth shut and tried not to think about the buffet part as I filled my plate with sushi, rice, egg rolls, and chicken stuff with noodles (I mean who really knows what is was called). It was good, but I was very muchly looking forward to ChineMex... oh well...next time.

Although... Chinese Cuisine did make up for the buffet gagging feeling by offering soft serve ice cream. And yes I did bypass the little tiny microscopic cups they had and I used a regular sized styrofoam drinking glass instead...and I filled it all swirly with mixed chocolate and vanilla... mmmm. Ice cream always does make the world better right?!

Have a great week!

No comments: