Tuesday, January 5, 2010

An Ode to 2009

So I lied, its not really an ode, but more of a recap of all the things that occured. I would say 2009 was a very challenging year for me (and Robert) and remembering everything that happened only makes me more excited for 2010! So here is my timeline recap...(yes Nikki I copied)


January: Rob and I went to Connecticut and Vermont to go skiing with his best friend and it was gorgeous, started my last semester of class ever of PT school or any school for that matter, and had the pleasure of helping in my dear friend Molly's wedding.

February: Rob and I continued our long distant relationship as he drove up to North Dakota (in like -523 degree weather...or there about), I presented my groups research project to our community and said a temporary goodbye to all my PT buddies as we finished up our class work to head out on clinicals.

March: Packed up our apartment to prepare for our later move, Jammed my car with as much stuff as I could handle and traveled to College Station, Stayed with one of my very dear friends and her family (miss them) and became a Schmidt for 7 weeks while working with stroke/Spinal cord/and just funny elderly patients, Robert came back from North Dakota and then was sent to West Virginia, Our niece A turned 3, I missed my cousins wedding thanks to some bad weather near Houston, and went on the best weekend getaway with Robert to the Messina Hoff Winery in Bryan, TX.

April: Robert got back from WV and had just one week to pack up the rest of our apartment before I left College Station (and Freebirds and Wings'n'More and... ok I'll stop) to return to Abilene, I had one night to help finalize the packing before our family showed up the next day and drove us to Midland, Loaded our stuff into a storage unit and moved into his parent's house.

May: Came down with nasty pink eye the day before I left for McKinney, TX to work in an outpatient facility for 7 weeks, lived with a very fun family and got to see lots of my friends in the Dallas area, JD turned 4 and my dad turned 47, all the while Robert began work at his now current job in Midland.

June: We celebrated out 2nd anniversary up in Dallas, Saw Wizard of Oz with my amazing friends Ashley and Tracy in Dallas, and our other niece MJ turned 4.

July: I moved back to Midland and Robert and I celebrated with our family over the termination of our long distance relationship...this is the best thing about 2009, I began my next rotation in Odessa at their hospital doing wound care and acute physical therapy

August: Continued the hospital rotation and came down with the worst sickness I've ever had, but at least I was home, Rob and I took over the youth group at our church and kicked everything off with a trip to Rock the Desert where I got to see Anberlin live :), had the last 2 weeks of August off to relax, and we moved into our townhome which is amazing

September: started my last rotation at a rehab center for children in Midland and took a trip to Six Flags over Dallas with the youth group

October:Continued to learn all there is about working with children, I turned 25 (woah), my mom turned 47, and our smallest niece MB turned 1, it was the month of birthday cake around here

November: Robert turned 24 with the best checkerboard cake ever made and my brother got older as well, spent Thanksgiving in Dallas with my parent's car getting broken into, lots of food with lots of family, and some amazing Black Friday deals

December: Finished my rotation at Midland Children's and said goodbye to some great people there, Traveled to Dallas for a bachellorete party for one of my fellow PT classmates and then spent the next week in Abilene for one last week of recap class, Graduated with my doctorate in physical therapy, accepted a job in Odessa, welcomed our newest nephew JA into the world, and had a very eventful Christmas and New Years with some amazing people

So thats 2009... no more long distance for Robert and I and no more school for me ever! I'm just glad that 2010 will be our first year officially together for the whole year! Sorry that was long, but I was really doing it for myself to remember everything and to prepare myself for setting my sites high for 2010. God is doing something amazing so keep your eyes open...2010 is here.


No comments: