Monday, November 16, 2009

Spiced Pumpkin Butter

My mom subscribed to Better Homes and Gardens magazine for me some time ago... I love this magazine b/c not only does it have fun decorating ideas for the season, but it has great recipes like this one! I was a little nervous making this, but I decided who cares it will be great to have around all holiday season!

Spiced Pumpkin Butter

Ingredients:
4 cups Pumpkin Puree (or 2 15 oz cans)
1 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
1/2 cup apple juice
2 tbsp. lemon juice
2 tsp. ground ginger
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp. salt
chopped nuts (optional)

Directions:
Mix all ingredients (except nuts) into large pan and heat to a boiling. Stir frequently for 25 minutes (or until thick). Ladle into jars or containers and freeze for up to 6 months or refrigerate for up to 1 week.

It makes alot, but I've found multiples things to add this to such as waffles, pancakes, toast, ritz crackers, any bread thing really, cornbread... possibilities are endless!

If you want to try some you can just come over for a free sample :)

Have a great week everyone and get ready for this Thankful holiday season!

No comments: