Monday, November 23, 2009

Gobble Gobble

So I'm excited about Thanksgiving this year because we get to go to Dallas for a family reunion... well the family reunion is not my favorite part, but I do love getting to spend the holiday with family. Plus we will be doing some fun shopping and I'll get to see some good friends while we are up there! We leave on Wednesday and aren't coming back till Sunday so pray for our safe travels!

I'm hoping although we are having a catered meal that somewhere in there we will have my favorite family dishes... banana pudding, green beans and cheese, mashed potatoes...mmm.

I just want to share that if any of you know someone who has lost a family member or has a sick friend/relative to give them some extra encouragement and love this holiday. I work with some ladies who shared with me today that they don't get excited about holidays anymore because they are reminders of lost loved ones and loneliness. That broke my heart. I couldn't be more excited about holidays because of the happiness they represent, the get-to-gethers with friends, seeing family, the decorations, and of course the reason behind the season. I know that my grandpa died 2 years ago on Thanksgiving and I will always miss him, but its just a reminder of me to be extra thankful for the time I have left with my family and friends. Won't you be thankful and spread some love to those around you?

No comments: