Wednesday, May 20, 2009

shiny and squishy things

So the other day while I was walking around the beautiful neighborhood in McKinney, I became very distracted. This happens alot to me in random locations...sometimes very inconvenient locations such as at work or in the grocery store...but none-the-less I became distracted. With what you ask? My wedding ring. seriously... in certain locations and under certain lightings my ring becomes very sparkly and SHINY. Not to mention that it still amazes me that I'm married to such an amazing man (2 years in 2 more weeks woohoo!) and looking at my ring just reminds me of how happy Robert makes me and how blessed my life has become.

SO the ring was shining all over the pavement, my music was blaring with my favorite band (Anberlin), and I was getting some awesome exercise...things were going great! Until...

"I think I just stepped on something squishy..." is what I thought to myself. I wasn't paying attention to where I was going and had stepped on something hard and yet very squishy...no good can come from this. So I looked down and, as you may have guessed, a dead squirrel lay sprawled out on the sidewalk, guts everywhere, flies swarming, and yuckiness displayed everywhere! Yes this is gross...and I was mortified that my shoe had come in contact with such a disgusting thing. Needless to say, I still love my shiny ring, but I'm trying to be more aware of my surroundings and not get so distracted. Haha we will see how that goes!

Moral of the story: pay attention and watch out for distractions...and dead squirrels... eww.

1 comment:

The Roberts' said...

your favorite band is anberlin? MINE TOO! i seriously listen to all four of their cds allll the time (mainly the most recent tho). ive seen them twice in concert. LOVE THEM!