Monday, May 25, 2009

My husband is Awesome!

I have these moments where a really cool blog topic pops in my head. I play through my mind exactly what I will write and of course, inside my head, I can come up with the most amazing and well articulated sentences, but when I open the computer and click on the 'new post' button...everything disappears. How frustrating right? I find myself having these moments more and more now...not necessarily related to writing a blog, but more for just trying to sort out my feelings and analyze myself. The conclusion I have come up with is...I'm lonely and exhausted. This is not meant to be a 'woe is me' blog, but merely just a request for prayer as I'm trying desperately to hold myself together while Robert and I continue to be in this long distance/homeless situation. It has been tough enough having to live a marriage over the phone, getting to see each other every few weeks, getting your emotions high for the 2-3 days, and then having them ripped apart as you or he drives away again. You would think after 7 years of this we would be used to it...or good at it...but I find these last 5 weeks are already the hardest yet. I'm trying to look at the positive side that we will be able to start over once I'm back in Midland, but I can't ignore my emotions that are happening right now.

I would like to say thank you to all our family and friends for your presence and prayers during our lives and especially during our relationship...you truly are a gift from God. We both can't wait for things to get (somewhat) back to normal. Call this venting or whatever, but if I ever was a very strong person...my strength is being tested and I'm getting very weak. The most important thing for me to remember is that I can't handle these next few weeks alone...no matter how lonely I may feel inside...I have to let God take over and know that He is holding my hand through this. I just pray He squeezes a little harder right now :) And the title of this goes to my awesome husband, b/c he is awesome and has always been there to remind me that I am a child of God and that I need to lean on Him and not myself. (plus of course I forgot what I was going to title this and over the phone I asked Robert what the title should be and thus you have your title...haha).

Coming soon (once my camera battery fully charges): Memorial Day Weekend and the growing nieces and nephews in my life

Hope you all had a great weekend, and if you have any encouraging verses please respond with them!

1 comment:

Molly Kate said...

I love you guys so much! Here are some verses that came to heart for you... 2 Cor. 12:9-10 (He is our strenth in weakness), Psalm 55:22& Ps. 54:4 (God sustains us!)and Psalm 62 (our comfort and rest is in our Holy Daddy!)

I hope you find encouragement today in God's love letter to you!