Friday, May 8, 2009

I need a new eye

So last night Robert and I were eating with my parents when I realized that my left eye was draining...eww right...but I wrote it off as part of this looming sinus infection I've had for 2 weeks now. Well as the night progressed so did the puffy redness around my left eye... yep...pink eye. You've got to be kidding me...

I was supposed to leave on Saturday to drive to Dallas for my next clinical starting on Monday... but seeing as I can't wear my contacts for 48 hours my traveling is now delayed... boo. I hate not being in control of this situation and I hate even more that it ruins my schedule. I also don't like that I had to go to some random doctor (I like to call them a doc in a box) in town, which you know I showed up 10 minutes before they opened... was the 2nd person on the list (some guy was there before me) and still didn't get out of there until after 2 hours.

But at least I have to put 2 eye drops in every 30 minutes until dinnertime and then 2 drops every hour until I sleep...yikes thats alot of drops! I think the only good thing is that I get to have one more night with Robert... I just hope I don't spread to him my germs.

So as of now the plan is to leave on Sunday and arrive in McKinney, TX that afternoon. 7 more weeks of the clinical...7 more weeks of patients...and actually the last 7 weeks I have to be away from Robert!!

No comments: