Wednesday, April 29, 2009

An Ode to Aggieland

No I'm not really going to write an "ode" I just really like that word and it fits good in a title :)

But I have finished with College Station and am beginning a fun adventure the next 2 weeks (well now 1.5 weeks but who is really counting)... we have officially moved away from Abilene into a box... yes a box... a big box, but nonetheless a box... so for now we are bumming in with our parents and trying to save up some money. We were reminded of just how much we hate moving, but we hadn't moved since we got married so I guess we are doing alright. Just tired of living out of suitcases which I've decided one of us has done at all times since February 2008...thats pretty sad. Anyways its time for that to be finished but first I have 7 weeks in McKinney, TX for my next rotation. More on this to come of course (and I really mean it since we are able to have internet now...yay!)

Now the real reason for this post is to write to you about all my favorite places in Aggieland that I got to visit before I left (and most all of these are eating places, big surprise)...
  • Sweets! aka Sweet Eugenes- the best little coffe place in CS that has Java Shakes...yumm and free internet. This is where I hung out after work in the afternoons.
  • La Bodega- home of awesome mexican food and peach shakers... dedicated to Tracy
  • Freebirds... who could go wrong with the biggest burrito ever
  • Pita Pit- also a Tracy place, their pitas are huge and somewhat a healthier choice
  • Mr. G's Pizza (the one in downtown Bryan)- resting ground for Bryan's own mob... no seriously, dedicated to my ASSIST committee
  • Reed Arena for Aggie Muster- see previous post, best tradition ever
  • Blue Baker- yes its very blue
  • It's A Grind- coffee place very quite and enjoyable
  • Pei Wei- Tracy again... I love their crab won tons
  • Rockfish- very cheap and very good seafood... Ashley and Douglas thats for you
  • Mi Cocina- love this place (Jodi thanks)
  • Kolache Rolfs- goodness
  • Cafe Eccel
  • Laynes- Chicken fingers and special sauce so good
  • A long walk around campus... in the evening when it was cool and perfectly enjoyable
  • SHAKES!! Monday Sunday is the best thing ever
  • Marble Slab and Cold Stone- I mean I love ice cream
  • Kroger- my favorite grocery store... too bad there aren't any in Midland
  • Double Dave's Pizza works- bbq pizza yay! and yes its another Tracy place
  • Honey B Ham Deli- their bread is delicious
  • can you say cheap movie tickets!
  • And not to forget Wing-N-More...wing and tender combo
  • this list is quite lengthy and I know I have more, but we'll keep it short.
Well those are my favorite places to eat... I would have loved to eat on campus, but it wasn't able to happen... next time! So if you are ever driving through the CS/Bryan area just refer to this list if you are stumped on where to have a good time! I miss you Aggieland!

2 comments:

roBUT & loLER said...

Man, you made me miss Aggieland! I love that your list is primarily made of food places. You were sooo meant to be my little! Do you have a Saturday and/or Sunday free while in McKinney? By me there's a Rosa's, Shakes (a little further but within 20min), Marble Slab, Pei Wei, Chicken Express, etc! I should have a kitchen finally by mid May that will need to be broken in with cupcakes!

The Roberts' said...

oh man sweet eugenes... my heart longs for it. i also love love blue baker & its a grind... i love college station!!