Monday, December 1, 2008

Gobble, Gobble & "Brother and Sister?"

Gobble, Gobble

So I know you all like my two part blog here... as if they aren't long enough sometimes! But this first part is just reflections on Thanksgiving break- it was great! We were in Midland for the whole thing and got to see my new niece, my favorite nephew, and lots of family and friends! I had wedding showers and my brother's birthday (belated) to celebrate, turkey and a million other good foods to devour, and a time to honor the memory of my grandpa who went home to be with the Lord last year on Thanksgiving. So the break was full of surprises, smiles, laughter, and some tears, but I just want to praise God for all the blessings in my life!

"Brother and Sister?"

For the next part of my blog I would like to share about a tale of going to Albertson's with my wonderful husband and my amazing mother. We are in a funny mood that day. Its Monday or something like that, and we travel to the grand ole store of Albertson's to pick up some items for dinner and Thanksgiving. All throughout the store we were joking around with each other and kinda being a little rowdy. Well at the check out, Robert and I are continuing with the smarty remarks and picking on each other while my mom pays for the groceries. The Check out lady looks at us and kinda laughs to herself. We all notice and ask her whats so funny... to our surprise she says (concerning me and Robert):

"Oh, brother and sister, right?"

Let the laughter pour out. HAHA! We just started laughing ourselves. I informed her that we were married, and that we were just playing around and goofing off because we hadn't seen each other in a while. I don't believe she was convinced since she proceeded to give us this strange look. So after we strolled away with our mountain of groceries, I had to go back to the Check out lady to get my mom's cash back she always forgets... the lady was still looking at me kinda weird and asked if we really were married... I assured her, got the money and walked out. I still don't believe she was convinced!

So, if you are married, I suggest at least acting like it at the check out counter... or just play along next time.

Pictures:

A wedding shower for my wonderful friend, Molly!


So glad I got to see Britney!


He is getting so big!


My camera is absolutely horrible b/c she looks way more beautiful than this, but here she is with her aunt


All cozy in my arms

1 comment:

Robert said...

Thanks for not including pictures of your "brother"...