Saturday, November 8, 2008

The Leaves are Falling

It's time for an update.
Fall is here! I love the brightly colored leaves surrounding walkways, driveways, and parking lots! I love crunching every leaf in sight! And I love the smells of fall, the coolness of fall, and all the memories I have with the fall season. Some of those memories are wonderful- Robert proposed to me Nov 19th in the fall of 2005, my niece was just born, and I've met some great people last fall when I started PT school. And some of those memories are a little more solemn- I lost my first grandparent last thanksgiving, but I will always cherish memories with him. All in all, fall is my favorite season. So here's to fall and the beauty it holds!

On a more gloomy note, Robert has been temporarily transferred to West Virginia... yeah I said West Virginia... to finish out a job for his company. They suspect he will be gone for 4-6 weeks, but I know the reality is that it will probably be more. I hate not being able to see him, especially during my favorite time of year and one that has so many special occasions in it. I pray they will fly him home for Thanksgiving, but everything is so unsure right now. I want to support him with his job, but sometimes its so hard. Reality has set in again, he won't be home. He was supposed to be working in Abilene for the next few months, and i was just getting back into the groove of having him here with me. Some things are just too good to be true. It makes me angry, but I have to look for the positive side of things and what God is trying to teach us or do for us through this situation. Thats very hard to stop and think about, especially with him having to drive up there starting Monday. Monday will be a bad day.

So duty calls again and I lose my favorite person in the world to distance once again. It puts such a fog over the happiness in this season. I just thank God for my wonderful friends and family. And also for technology- phone services. Just like all you army wives out there with your loved one overseas... I know you understand this more than I do... but phone services mean everything with long distance. I think AT&T should pay me and Robert for all the minutes we have racked up over the past 5 or 6 years of our long distance relationship. That would be nice.

Thank you for your prayers and support once again during this time for both us. All I can say now is- enjoy the leaves and the changing of the seasons... it reminds me God is still in control. And save some of those crunchy leaves for me!

1 comment:

Molly Kate said...

Jenn, I'm so sorry. I love you so much and it hurts my heart to hear that you have to be apart from your beloved husband. Jeremy and I love y'all and we're here for you, please call me anytime. Thanks for your encouraging perspective on God's supremacy and protection. Y'all are AMAZING! what a blessing y'all are to us!