Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Best Cake Ever

Monday was my birthday! I was able to celebrate with Robert on Saturday- we went to dinner all dressed up (see below), got some smoothies, and went home to watch a movie and RELAX- something I have almost forgotten how to do. But before we did all this... I had was told by my darling husband that I had to disappear from the house for at least 2 hours (this is usually what we do for special occasions)... well I didn't mind because I had a huge test Tuesday morning (it was very hard) so I needed some serious study time. So I went to starbucks and froze to death for 2 hours reading about wound care (ewww) and then I was told by Robert that I couldn't come home yet... so I went to my friends apartment and studied with them for 2 more hours... this would be 4 hours total. Finally I could come home... and we got dazzled up and went out for dinner. When we came home I found out the product of this four hour afternoon adventure... my amazing husband made me a cake with fondant from scratch! (you know the stuff they use on wedding cakes and in the show Ace of Cakes to make the really decorative icing stuff...) Yes I know he is amazing... and he spent 4 hours for me- oh how I love him! As you can see in the pictures, this was some cake!


The Beautiful Cake!


Oh my I'm 24!


Just a close up for you!

And to top off the birthday weekend- I got a new ipod (mine was ancient) and although Robert still had to drive back to Graham on Sunday... he drove in Monday and surprised me for dinner. What can I say, I am blessed to have him! So thanks for a great one-more-year-older- day to all my friends and family and my sweetheart!

Now on to more school work...but a few more pictures for you!


He is Amazing!


My Birthday dinner study break and surprise from Robert

4 comments:

The Roberts' said...

wow that cake is amazing!

BananaBoy said...

Dude... he can my cake....

=)

The Clardys said...

Wow, i can't believe Robert made that cake! So beautiful! Hope you had a great Bday Jenn :) Love you!

Molly Kate said...

AWESOME!!! I am so glad you had a wonderful birthday! I hope you got my bday wishes and I'd love to chat with you on the phone soon! what a sweet gift robert gave you!