Monday, September 1, 2008

Labor Day Weekend

This weekend Robert and I went to visit our friends in Lubbock. We had been planning a trip together to see everyone and decided to make the trip up there and spend the weekend just hanging out with as many people as possible. It was quite delightful! Despite the fact that I'm not the biggest fan of Lubbock, I was there for the people not the location. Friday when we got there, it was a mess of beautiful rain and scary clouds. We had a cook out at the Rotan's house (where we were staying) and then went out to enjoy some fun games and drinks to end the night. Then on Saturday we went to the rec at Tech to play racquetball... for 2.5 hours. Yes I was very tired, but I have a new fond love of the game and would like to start making it a regular habit of mine. That afternoon we tailgated before the Tech game... yes, I went to a Tech game... not exactly my cup of tea, but it was football and once again I was there in good company with my friends. Unfortunately my Aggies lost so I had to put up with that on my record all weekend, but I love college football and it was fun to be at a game... even if it was for the enemy. On Sunday, we went to the Rotan's church and had a blast! Their pastor is awesome and definitely had my attention! So overall it was a short, but awesome weekend and I thank Meagan and Dustin for opening their home to us... and putting up with us (and by us I mean my darling and hilarious husband).

And in regards to A&M football... I know we aren't the greatest at football, I didn't go there for the sports... and I know they will get better! Gig 'em Ags!

The end. Oh and enjoy your labor day holiday everyone! The real end.

1 comment:

Molly Kate said...

MOVE TO MIDLAND!!! HURRY I MISS YOU!