Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Here I sit...

Tomorrow we have our first test of the semester. It happens to be in a class I find very amusing, but its also the only professor we haven't had until now... so who knows what this will be like. You know, the first test unfamiliarity, yeah I hate those. But at least I am sitting in one of my favorite (I have 2) coffee shops in Abilene, where I have happily spent $11 on a snadwich, soup, and peach tea (free refills of course)... and now I am debating on whether to buy a cookie. I mean they don't just give you some ordinary chip-o-hoy here, we are talking homemade goodness that they warm up and bring out to you on a fancy plate with a fork. Thats worth the $1 and something cents to me! Plus, there is live music tonight, some guy with his keyboard playing all sorts of worship and oldies songs in different styles. It's a little annoying at times I won't lie, but then he starts to play something amazing and I get interested again. I love this place! I would love it even more if Robert were here, but then I wouldn't be studying now would I...

I know I promised you all pictures from WOF in Abilene from two weekends ago and I do have them and they are quite amazing, but of course I am too lazy to upload them to my computer, so maybe by writing in this blog I will become motivated. Plus I have an added bonus of pictures and videos from my random one night trip to Midland last Friday... I had to see my mom and got to see my grandma, dad, brother, sister-in-law who is expecting my new niece anytime now, and my adorable nephew. So I have extra happy stories to tell you, but this might not be till Wednesday night.

And to finish off my random "study break" thoughts I must inform you that my right pinky finger is for real broken. Two weeks ago I was playing basketball and of course I jammed it... well 2 weeks later (now) it is still swollen, showing no signs of wrinkles like the other one, and is severely limited in its range of motion. Plus it hurts. This is not a very good thing for typing and writing. We'll see how taking this test goes tomorrow especially with having to write out an essay... oh brother.

Joyful news: Instead of getting a cookie, I have upgraded my decision to a cookie sundae- I mean you mention ice cream and I'm there, so this should hit the spot! I know you all agree that this is the best option!

I hope everyone is having a good week so far regardless of my injury and looming test. Till next time, Give God the Glory!

2 comments:

BananaBoy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Molly Kate said...

How's your finger?! I need to visit you and experience this amazing coffee place!!! I miss you! I hope I get to talk to you soon!