Tuesday, July 8, 2008

14 Hours and a very odd week

This past week has just been weird. No, odd is more appropriate I think. Some things have popped up that have just been annoying, and some have popped up that have been a little frightening. Currently on my mind, I just spent all day at school and I'm exhausted. I mean I spent 14 hours straight in the same building... working on random assignments, being in class, and having meetings... this does not make for a happy day or for a happy me. I have officially entered the "drinking from a waterfall" stage of PT school... well actually, I think I'm sinking underneath the water with only a snorkel to help me. Yes, exhausted. Its not all bad stuff, its just busy. I don't think people really believe me when I say that I am busy with school. When I say that I get some response that indicates that people think I'm just making excuses when really I barely have time to talk to Robert during the day... and that is one of the most important parts of my day! So, please don't think I'm making some usual excuse of being too busy... I really am... I mean who spends all day locked in a building that has no windows just for fun? Nobody.

I think my mean side is coming out too. I know some of you are saying, well hasn't it always been out, but its getting out of control. I attribute this to the lack of quality time with my husband, my self, and non-stressfullness [yeah I made that word up]. So, I apologize for my increased attitude and for my inability to stop myself from saying certain things out loud... I promise its all from the stress [and believe me that is no made up excuse].

Lastly, without going into many details I wanted to share about my experience last Thursday. I was having a great day at school, I had a test that afternoon that I wasn't looking forward to, but nevertheless, I was surviving the day. Well, after lunch that all went downhill. I stood up from my chair to get ready to get back to studying and I felt the most excruciating pain ever in my life in my lower abdomen. I could just not get comfortable. After about 45 minutes of this, my awesome professors convinced me to go to a local doctor to get checked out. My marvelous friends [shout out to Brittany and Courtney] drove me to the doctor amongst my peril. Of course, when we got there the pain was suddenly gone which only infuriated me more. But I continued with the check up. When they finally called me into the back, I had to get the routine height, weight, and blood pressure check. These people had a machine that dates back to the ice ages for taking blood pressure. My normal is 110/73 mmHg. This is good. And normally the pressure cuff is filled up about 20-30 mmHg higher than when your radial pulse disappears... long explanation short... my cuff inflated to 210 mmHg! THAT WAS TOO HIGH! My arm started turning blue and now I had this shooting pain running up and down my hand and arm. Great. So I started to pump my hand to decrease the pain and salvage any tissue that I had left in there, but since I moved we had to... yep thats right... do the test again. You got to be kidding me. So the machine inflates my arm well above normal and proceeds to deflate at about the speed of dying turtles. Not only is my arm blue and in pain, it is now becoming numb and disconnected from my body. Needless to say the rating was still good, but my heart rate was a wopping 125 beats/min which is way to high for someone who had been sitting down for 15 minutes. Not cool.

The rest of the doctor experience was as usual- they took my samples and had me on my way. I'm fine, but I did have to have a follow up test done the other day to rule out some things [and I'm glad to say that I am NOT pregnant, so don't get any ideas]. We will see what they say, but I expect that it was just some fluke thing that happened amongst my stressed out life.
What a fantastic week. I can't wait till Friday!

Oh, but I did have a great weekend, I don't want to forget to throw that in there. We went to Midland for the 4th and spent the entire time with our nieces and nephew and family... it was great! I will post pictures soon!

1 comment:

Molly Kate said...

OH NO JENN!!! i hope you are doing better and that you are feeling less stressed from school. I bet you are no doubt worn out from all the busy things!

If you get a chance, check out Isaiah 40: 11- "He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart.."

and also vs. 29-31- "He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. ...those who hope in the Lord will renew thier strength."...

You are the one who showed me this verse. Thank you for always being there for me and I hope I can encourage you and lift you up while you are "weary". I love you so much and miss you!