Friday, May 30, 2008

My fingers are sticky

This past weekend I got to share in the wonderful union of my friend Marlena to her new husband Andy. The wedding was gorgeous and I was glad to get to see her and spend time with her since they moved to North Carolina- waaaaayyy far away! So congrats guys!
The wedding only made me more excited about my anniversary... which is MONDAY!!! Robert is on his way home from Graham right now and even though we aren't exactly celebrating this weekend, I'm still excited! (We ARE celebrating, but it will be in two more weeks when we get a long break from school, so stay tuned for that posting). I just made us a Dr. Pepper cake and I could seriously eat the whole thing right now! For those of you who just said "Dr. Pepper cake?" let me explain, a few weeks ago we went to Dallas with Robert's parents. On our way we stopped at some random... I mean very random... gas station that had this cool little shop behind it. The first thing they said when we walked in was that we had to try their Dr. Pepper cake. Robert and I love cake so of course we did and let me tell you... its amazing! So his parent's bought us some of the mix (complete with two bottles of Dublin Dr. Pepper) and we headed out for our trip. So I have been meaning to make this cake for a long time, but not until this weekend did I have all the ingredients with me and an afternoon to make it.
I know you are all jealous of our cake, but don't worry I have another half of the cake mix to go! If you would like some just say the word!

Got to finish cleaning this disaster of an apartment- absolutely and totally all my fault... my stuff seems to accumulate in certain places... and there are these random little spiders that keep crawling out of nowhere... it's definitely summer time.

1 comment:

Molly Kate said...

YUM!!! My Mema used to make Dr. Pepper or Coke cake :) If you want the recepee when your mix runs out, let me know and I'll send it your way! Miss ya!!! Happy Anniversary!