Monday, May 5, 2008

Hola, Hola!

I'm back from Mexico and other traveling experiences this break and I am tired. Just exhausted and ready to sleep in and watch tv will I can't stand it anymore before I have to return to my chair and sit from 8-5 for the summer. I have one more week to relax and I am ready! But I will recap on my trips:
Mexico- awesome, humbling, and fun. We worked at this orphanage for disabled children doing PT for the kids, painting, painting, and did I say we painted? Yes we painted all the walls around the complex and even put up a border of animals in the kids rooms. I've filled my painting quota for the next year for sure! We also spent the evenings delivering meals to families that live in the lowest of income housing you ever saw... it reminded me alot of my trip to Guatemala a few years ago... the kids, the families, the culture, I miss that place. We were in Mexico for 4 days, but I enjoyed all the things we got to see/experience. And I learned how to play Rock/Paper/Scissors in spanish!

College Station- after returning from Mexico on Wednesday, I drove to College Station on Thursday and I can't even begin to say how much I miss that place! I love A&M and being in that town surrounded by thousands of Aggies... its great! The purpose for my trip was to see my friends who are graduating in a few weeks (congrats guys!). It was a short trip (I returned on Friday), but it was worth it to see everyone. This is a picture my ASSIST committee (the Quails) at Mr G's pizza... its kind of a tradition for us to eat there. ASSIST was an organization I was in at A&M (obviously). I also helped my dear friend Ashley pack up her apartment and repaint her walls (yes I did more painting). Then before I left town I visited the bookstore on campus and bought overpriced t-shirts and some cute things for my nephew and future niece/nephew per request of my brother. Once again, I just love A&M!

Midland- To finish off the week, Robert and I drove on Saturday to Midland. We were helping the church there lead worship to give their worship team a break since some of them went out of town. I absolutely have always wanted to sing with Robert at church and lead music so this was exciting for us to do it together with just the the two of us. Everything went great too, Robert played the guitar and we both sang. While not every note was perfect the Spirit was there and it could not have been a more beautiful moment. I definitely hope God uses us more in this manner.

We returned Sunday night and once again I kissed Robert goodbye for the week. But really its just for two days since he has off Wed-Sun so we will have lots of hang out time at our home together before the bustle of summer returns... and soon to come is our 1st wedding anniversary yay!

Well thats all for now. I don't have pictures from Mexico yet b/c I took a disposable, but I will get those up asap. For now here are some with our cute nieces!

1 comment:

Molly Kate said...

I'm SO glad you had a good trip!!! It sounds like you had an amazing break. I miss you girly!!!